Discover Sailing Experiences available:
Our “Discover Sailing Experiences” are a two to three hour sailing experience at our accredited Urunga Sail training club Discover Sailing Centre 516696. It is provided without the technical detail of an accredited sailing course and is an ideal way for your families, friends, work colleagues or other groups to experience the joy of small boat sailing “Hands On”. We also offer the chance to use our club’s fully accessible facilities, which we believe is as much a part of the experience as is getting out on the water.
Our Discover Sailing Experience day has the following elements:
We follow strict Covid 19 rules so there are procedures in place before entering the Clubhouse and signing the attendance form with your details, washing hands, physical distancing, advising if you have been in a Covid 19 hotspot or in contact with anyone with Covid 19 and if you are suffering from symptoms of Covid 19 and are feeling unwell do not attend and make other arrangements.
1. Meet and greet welcome by the Club including morning tea.
2. Tour of facilities for those who have not been to the club before.
3. Shown where the changing facilities are.
4. Meet the instructors & the boats.
5. Safety First Briefing.
6. Getting out on the water.
7. Hands-on sailing for participants.
8. Return to clubhouse for a quick debrief and change.
9. Relax & enjoy a coffee, snack, or (pre arranged) meal with the group.
10. Next Steps – The Sailing Pathway (Q&A).
Our Discover Sailing Experience (DSE) is open to people of all-abilities.
Ideally, we can cater to a group of 3 to 9 adults (max) depending on their ability, allowing us to stay on the water for up to 2 hours. We can cater to larger groups but they would not all be able to go on the water at the same time and we would be restricted to sailing in a smaller area so we could do crew change overs. We can do smaller groups too.
For more information about our Discover Experiences for your group,
Download the DSE info sheet here>> TSD Overview updated 051020